Friday, August 19, 2011

Release;

Last night at Fellowship we had our last youth group for summer. It was to finish up the series Release. Release is about forgiving, weather it's yourself; God; or another person. Last night we had three stations; Station one you had to write on a  mirror over your face what God really thinks about you, not what you think or the lies you believe; what God thinks. Station two was you had to write on an index card that was taped to the wall what you forgive someone for then tare it off the wall and throw it on the ground and walk away, symbolizing that you tore down that wall; you are free from that; you released that from yourself and the other person. The third station was a set of paper chains; you had to break one chain and write what you were going to forgive yourself for; like an addiction, or what ever it is. The fourth and Final station was you; a video of you apologizing to God for blaming him when things go wrong because it's not his fault. During the third and fourth stations I cried; mainly during the fourth; because for anyone that is a huge step; A few others cried to. It was so touching; And right after you told God sorry; you automatically felt...well released, it sounds cliche but it's true. It was the most amazing feeling ever!! I thought I would hate that nights youthgroup and I did until the very end, when I broke down...God is a touchy subject for me; because I never let us have a true relationship. But no I'm ready to start; I need him now more than anyone has ever needed someone. I know he will always be there for me. Even if I turn my back on him; we will be waiting for me. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment