Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Control of me.

Some people are allergic to poison ivy. If they go around it, they will get it really bad. Well if they haven't been around poison ivy in a long time, they may think they aren't going to get it anymore because they haven't been exposed. Well they are wrong, they get it just as bad if not worse. That person thought that the poison had changed but it just stayed the same. Well my mom is like the poison ivy in my life. I haven't been around her for  awhile so i think that if i go around her things will be swell. Well I was wrong. I got poison ivy twice as bad as ever before. I learned one valuable lesson out of Monday night....Don't go into things thinking they will be a certain way....you will come out disappointed if your standards aren't met. I know mine weren't but at the same time, I kind of expected it from her. I know that the devil has inhabited her and she is no longer thinking for herself and what God would want for her. I just know I can't control what she wants and the way she goes about doing things, and her personality. I just know I can only control that in me. I don't have to be like her. I can be different. My moms reality doesn't have to be my destiny. Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for Gabi, Declares the Lord. Plans to prosper her and not to harm her. Plans to give Gabi a hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment