Saturday, March 3, 2012

Ronald G Smith: Gone, but never forgotten.

It's the day before Grandpa's viewing. He died  March 1, 2012 at St. johns nursing home. As I lay here in my bed, I think about all that's happening around me. I think to myself, "How can this be? He's not dead, I just talked to him the other day." I looked at the calender that they have in each patients room that has the days activities on it. It said at 10 am Nails. So I laughed and asked him if he got his nails done. he laughed a little and said no.I asked if he was a party pooper. He said Yup I'm a party pooper. We talked about what he had for breakfast but he couldn't remember what he ate for lunch...this was just the day before he died. It can't be his body we are burring on Monday. It can't be. It's just not possible. It's not! I just saw him! I just talked to him! He was doing so much better. He was actually eating and talking and holding conversations with people. He was getting so much better. There is no way this is happening. Is everyone just lying to me? or is this just a horrible nightmare? Because this can't be real! My Grandpa can't be dead! It's just not possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment